‘Magnewin’ make Energy Storage Capacitors are manufactured in state of art manufacturing facility situated at Sangli, Maharashtra, India.
|Storage energy||250J||50 kJ|
|Rated DC voltage||2 kV||150 kV|
|Charging time & hold||1 second||Several minutes|
|Peak current||200 A||500 kA|
|Duty||Overdamped discharge||Oscillatory discharge with reversal up to 80%|
|Repetition rate||1 discharge per sec||1 discharge per hour|
|Shot Life||Few tens shots||Several millions shots|
Manufacturing and Quality Control
Imported bi-axially oriented double side hazy Polypropylene film is used as dielectric and 99.9% pure Aluminium foil is used as conductor in making of capacitors. Winding of the element is carried out on a modern Automatic winding machine, in a class 100 environment. With extended foil design, with edge and end folding of aluminium foil, over voltage stress at the edges of the buried foil area is avoided. This also improves Partial Discharge Inception Voltage Value. To identify weak spots / pin holes in the Polypropylene film, each element is tested with DC voltage in dry pressed conditions. Numbers of elements are interconnected in series – parallel combination depending on Voltage rating and energy of the Capacitor, with the help of modern soldering technique. The dry pack is wrapped with several layers of high quality insulating paper before inserting it into a pre treated / degreased CRCA / Aluminium / Stainless Steel Container and the Top lid is welded by semiautomatic Pulse TIG welding machine. Bushings of desired BIL are fitted on the lid ensuring leakproofness. The metal parts of terminals are manufactured from extruded brass / Stainless Steel 304 Grade.
All the terminal connections are tightened with torque wrench. The capacitors are then loaded in a PLC controlled autoclave for uniform heating and drying under vacuum for adequate period. After confirming the quality of drying by precision online monitoring instruments, Capacitors are then impregnated under vacuum with highly purified and degassed Non-Toxic non PCB impregnant. The capacitors are then subjected to all routine tests in accordance to IS 13666 / IEC-61071 with latest amendments.
- IEC 61071and IS 13666
- Capacitors in accordance with other standards / against specifications can be manufactured upon request
- Pulse forming network
- Medical equipments like Defibrillators
- Cable fault locators
- Impulse generators
- Metal forming
- Magnetizers / Demagnetizers
- Plasma Research
- Spot Welding
- Thumper Capacitors
- Filter Capacitors
- Custom Built Design
- World Class Raw Materials
- Low inductance (ESL)
- Low series resistance (ESR)
- Volume Optimized and highly Reliable
- Trouble free Long life performance
- Environmental Friendly
Energy Storage Capacitors are classified into different categories depending on maximum peak current, repetition rate, working temperature, storage temperature, or inductance values.
- 1 Max. Peak Current 25 kA
- 2 Max. Peak Current 50 kA
- 3 Max. Peak Current 200 kA
- 4 Max. Peak Current 500 kA
- 1 Repetition - Rate - A Up to - 5 PPM
- 2 Repetition - Rate - B Up to - 1 PPS
- 3 Repetition - Rate - C Up to - 10 PPS
- 4 Repetition - Rate - D Up to - 100 PPS
- 5 Repetition - Rate - E Over - 100 PPS
- 1 Category - L - 0 to 45° C
- 2 Category - H - 0 to 50° C
- 1 Category - L1 - 0 to 70° C
- 2 Category - H1 - 0 to 50° C
- 1 Category 1 - 15 - to - 60 nH
- 2 Category 2 - 61 - to - 150 nH
- 3 Category 3 - above - 150 nH (Low Inductance Capacitors can also be supplied against specific requests.)
Capacitors are designed for operation between -4°C to +55°C.
All the Capacitors are tested as per IS 13666 / IEC-61071 standards in our well-equipped in House Test Laboratory. Magnewin has developed the In-House test facility to carry out Inductance measurement, loss measurement on Schering bridge at 50 Hz.
Note : Product improvement is a continuous process. For the latest information and special applications, please contact us.